21. What does ‘Roaring Forties’ refer to?
(a) The tract of stormy westerly winds between latitudes 20-30°S.
(b) Whirl winds caused in the Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The region between latitudes 40° and 50°S, where the prevailing westerly winds blow over the open oceans with great regularity and strength.
(d) None of these.
22. Which of the following parks/ sanctuaries is/are correctly
matched with their location:
I : Gharana—Jammu and Kashmir
II : Gir—Rajasthan
III : Manas—Assam
IV : Corbett—M.P.
V : Periyar—Kerala
VI : Dudwa—U.P.
- II, III, IV and V
- II, IV, V and VI
- I, III, V and VI
- I, II, IV and V
23. Extrusive (Intrusive) rocks are forms of
(a) Igneous rocks
(b) Sedimentary rocks
(c) Metamorphic rocks
(d) None of the above
24. The Constituent Assembly commenced its business with Dr. Rajendra Prasad as its
(d) Dy. Chairman
25. The 103rd Amendment to the Indian Constitution deals with
(a) Giving recognition to the third gender in India.
(b) Introducing 10% reservation in Central Government run educational institutions and Central Government jobs.
(c) Introducing the Goods and Services Tax in India.
26. Which Schedule of the Constitution of India contains ‘Anti Defection’ provisions for the Members of Parliament and Members of State Legislatures?
(a) Fifth Schedule
(b) Seventh Schedule
(c) Third Schedule
(d) Tenth Schedule
27. Arrange the following persons who have held the office of the President of India according to their chronological order in which they have held office.
(i) Fakhruddin Ali Ahmad
(ii) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
(iii) V.V. Giri
(iv) R. Venkatraman
- i, ii, iii, iv
- ii, i, iv, iii
- iii, iv, ii, i
- iii, i, ii, iv
28. Any person who is not a member of either House of Parliament can be appointed as a member of the Council of Ministers at the Centre for a period not exceeding
(a) 6 months
(b) 9 months
(c) 1 year
(d) 2 years
29. In case of a clash between the laws made by the Centre and a State on a subject in the Concurrent List
(a) The State Law prevails.
(b) The Central Law prevails.
(c) Both laws prevail within their respective jurisdictions.
(d) The Supreme Court has to intervene to decide.
30. In any contingency not provided for in the Constitution, who can make provisions for the discharge of the functions by the President:
(a) The Prime Minister of India
(b) The Prime Minister and his Cabinet
(c) The Supreme Court of India
(d) The Parliament of India
31. Regular census is held in India every ten years. In which year was the first regular census held in India
32. As per the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Roport for 2018, India’s Human Development Index stood at
(e) None of the above
33. Excise Duty is a tax levied on
(a) Import of goods
(b) Export of goods
(c) Productions of goods
(d) None of the above
34. The largest single commodity carried by the Indian Railways is
(a) iron ore
35. The Accounting Year of the Reserve Bank of India is
(a) January – December
(b) April – March
(c) July – June
(d) October – September
36. A rise in SENSEX means
(a) a rise in prices of shares of all companies registered with the Bombay Stock Exchange.
(b) a rise in prices of shares of all companies registered with the National Stock Exchange.
(c) an overall rise in prices of shares of a group of companies registered with the Bombay Stock Exchange.
(d) a rise in prices of shares of all companies registered with the Bombay Stock Exchange.
37. Consider the following taxes
(i) Corporate Tax
(ii) Wealth Tax
(iii) Customs Duty
(iv) Excise Duty
Which of these are indirect taxes
- ii and iv
- ii and iii
- i and iv
- iii and iv
- i and iii
38. ‘World Development Report’ is an annual publication of
(a) United Nations Development Programme
(b) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
(c) World Trade Organization
(d) International Monetary Fund
39. Debenture holders of a company are its
40. Consider the following statements regarding Comptroller and Auditor General of India
i. Comptroller and Auditor General shall
be appointed by the President
- The salary and other conditions of
service of the Comptroller and Auditor General shall be determined by President.
- Salary of Comptroller and Auditor General shall be charged upon the Consolidated fund of India.
Choose the correct statements
(a) i and iii
(b) ii and iii
(c) Only i
(d) i, ii and iii